In this article you will see detail information about diseases like, Hepatitis A, squint, sticky eyes or conjunctivitises and anaemia.
It is an infection to liver by Hepatitis A virus.
Cause: Because of eating or drinking contaminated thing will cause the disease.
Sign and Symptoms: Infection develops within 2 to 5 weeks to liver and then it affects differently in person to person. The symptoms specially in children and young one are, Headache, Fever, Loss of appetite, weakness, Nausea and vomiting feeling, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain specially near the right upper part of stomach, dark coloured urine, pale faeces. These symptoms may be observe within one week.
If these symptoms continues then jaundice may appears, in this condition eyes ans skin becomes yellow. This occurs because liver not able to remove bilirubin pigment from the blood so that eyes and skin becomes yellow.
- Care and remedies: See the Doctor or GP within 24 hours, if any of these symptoms possible.
- Prevent dehydration by giving any drinks after every 30 minutes, keep the child in bed as long as possible.
- Jaundice may last for up to 2 weeks, but child should be remain at home for few more weeks.
- Child and all family members should be immunized against the hepatitis A, this will help to control the spread of the infection.
- Try to avoid eating raw or inadequately cooked salads, vegetables and shellfish.
- Check the water before the child drink.
- When the child cured completely then you can travel aboard.
- Lastly do not worry about the disease, it is a completely curable disease.
Squint: A squint is when the eyes do not look in the same direction at the same time.
Cause: Babies under the age of 3-4 months often squint because the mechanism that co-ordinates the eyes is not fully developed. A squint older children is often due to long sightedness.
Symptoms: When the baby is looking directly at an object, you may notice,
- an eye that turns too far in, this is called a convergent squint.
- an eye that turns too far out, this is called a divergent squint.
- an eye turns up or down, this is called as a vertical squint.
General care and remedies: See a Doctor or GP if the baby with a wide bridge to the nose can appear to have a squint when there is none.
- If a squint is diagnosed, the bay will be refereed to an ophthalmologist, who may prescribe like, eye exercises, patching the unaffected eye to encourage use of the squinting or lazy eye and an operation to correct the squint surgically.
Sticky eyes or conjunctivitis: It is a mild inflammation of the conjunctiva means a membrane covering the eyeball. It can be affect one or both eyes.
Cause: Sticky eyes is usually caused when the narrow tear ducts are underdeveloped or blocked, providing a warm, moist area for bacteria to flourish. It can also result from the spread of infection from the mother’s cervix during birth.
- There may be a thick white or yellow discharge from the eyes.
- The baby’s eyes are often stuck together in the morning.
- There may be redness around the eye area.
- If the tear ducts are blocked, then the eyes will be constantly watering.
General care and remedies: Clean the eyes in warm water or saline solution ( take regular cooking salt in 600 ml warm water) to wash away the discharge and remove any crusts on the eyelids. Use a fresh cotton swab for each eye and wipe from the inner to the outer corner of the eye. Try using a week saline solution.
If both eyes are affected, consult the doctor or GP may recommend frequent massaging of the affected duct. Using the tip of very clean forefinger, gently massage on tear duct near the inner part of eyelid, by the bridge of the nose, repeat this for 4 to 5 times a day very very slowly.
Anaemia: This means, a shortage of the red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body. Due to this Haemoglobin level become less this condition is called as anaemia.
This condition is occurs because of an insufficient amount of Iron level, this leads to less level of haemoglobin.
Symptoms: Generally in mild anaemia child do not have any significant symptoms but when these are severe following symptoms are include,
- Pale skin, dark skin child may appear paler around the mouth and lips and the conjunctiva of the eyes.
- Lack of energy.
- Shortness of breath on exertion like outdoor games, climbing, splashing etc.
- Brittle fingernails.
- Sore mouth or tongue.
- Headaches and occasional dizziness.
General care and Remedies:
- Consult to your GP or Doctor, who may take blood test of the child to check the severity.
- If iron deficiency found then Doctor will suggest you eat plenty of iron rich food like, lean meat, liver, eggs, beans, and green vegetables.
- Babies will be given milk formula enriched with iron.
- Iron rich medicine may be prescribed for certain days.
If anaemia is not treated for loner time it may leads to improper mental and physical development of the child.
Breakfast Health Bars
||1 hour, 20 minutes|
||1 hour, 45 minutes|
Gluten Free, Vegetarian
Breakfast, Side Dish, Snack
Child Friendly, Freezable, Gourmet, Serve Cold
Per bar nutrition is 148 Kcal.
Healthy nutritional recipe brought by www.thepostnatal.com
- 225g rice flakes
- 200ml apple juice (organic if possible)
- 750g butter
- 40g Brown sugar
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 25g Almonds (nibbed)
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 60g figs (chopped)
- 50g dates (chopped)
- parchment paper
|Preheat the oven 180ºC / 350ºF / Gas Mark 4 |
|Place the rice flakes in a bowl and pour over the apple juice. Leave to soak foe minimum 1 hour, by which time all the apple juice be absorbed by rice flakes. |
|Now take the butter and add the sugar, beat until pale, light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and gradually add to the creamed mixture. Beat together until combined. |
|Add egg into rice flakes, nibbed almonds, sunflower seeds and chopped figs and dates. |
|Pour all this mixture into tray which is covered with parchment paper, baked it for 25 minutes until pale golden color. |
|Allow to cool, now cut into 12- 14 pieces. Store into an airtight container and consume within a week. |