The food products you can start when your child is 4 to 12 months old. Now in this article, we will discuss Fruits and Vegetables for children.
Fruits and vegetables contain lots of vitamin, minerals and fibre with the variety of colours flavours and textures. Try fresh, frozen or canned vegetable and fruits at around age one. Fruit and vegetable should eat daily, try to habituate your child. This may require some time but be patient and use some different ideas as written below. If your child refuses to eat vegetable or fruit or both, keep offering him and make sure that you like fruit and vegetables very much. Try to convince him.
- Melon and their other types
- Black currents
- Orange or orange juices (without artificial flavour and colour)
- Grapes cut into 2 pieces
- Passion fruit
Fruit and vegetable Ideas
- Carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, peeled and chopped apple, peeled and chopped banana give any of this as a snack.
- Make pizza with vegetable toppings and add some fruits if you like.
- Add some dried fruits in yoghurt
- Mix chopped boiled vegetables in rice or with slices of chapati or pita bread.
- Make the sandwich of favourite vegetables with cheese.
- Give some mashed potatoes with rice or chapatti.
- Prepare tasty pasta with favourite vegetables.
- Use lentils with vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, peas, corn and more with bread or chapattis.
Add little water in broccoli then steam it, until it mash and sieve. It is a good first food but has some strong tasting on its own. So mixed it with baby rice or boiled potato.
It also boiled with the little amount of water, until it becomes soft and mash or sieve. Give this with root vegetable like the carrot. It is also good first food for babies.
It should be soft and ripe. Generally dark brown colour avocado is best for babies. Cut it into 2 halves then remove the seed and skin of the avocado. Now remove the white pulp by using the spoon. Mix this pulp with breast milk or formula milk.
These are sweet and nutritious food. Steam it by adding the little water and then mash it. This is also good as first food for babies.
This can be started when the baby is six months old. Boiled spinach with a little water then 1 to 2 tablespoon is sufficient to start the spinach. You can mix it with boiled potatoes or cooked rice.
So you can try these ideas as a snack or as a meal.
Fruit and vegetable purees:
Cereal purees may cause some allergy so that start with vegetable puree first or fruit puree because it is sweet in taste and your baby like the sweet taste more than any other taste. You can start with mashed banana which easily to digest. Use potato, sweet potato, carrot, parsnip (a root vegetable related to the carrot.), Swede (yellow turnip) stewed pear or apple, melon, mango.
Baby rice: Most babies start with specially made baby rice it has many benefits like,
- It only needs mixing with breast milk or formula milk or a little cooled boiled water.
- It can be easily thinned to a particular texture, good for digestion.
- No allergy possible because it is gluten free.
- It is enriched with iron which can be easily absorbed, it is very tasty.
- Babies love to eat mashed rice.